Cried while watching a theatre production again. It was on Kuo Pao Kun and his era. A group of idealists.
I used to have his quote on my table -
A worthy failure is better than a mediocre success.
In this day and age, who wants to fail?
-
Caught an amazing dance performance directed and conceptualized by Goh Lay Kuan.
Four segments. Merging four dances with influences from different traditional dances. An old storyline of salmon going back to the freshwater. It was so beautiful. The music was fused with Malay Chinese and Indian traditional elements. Fusion but there was a traditional anchor to it.
The dancers. The different elements of traditional dances. From the very stable Indian dance to the flowy Chinese dance. Halfway through I cannot sit still. I was like in awe.
While it may seem quite raw at some parts cos young dancers, it is filled with so much energy. Even when battling with "death". The kind of resilience and returning to the origins. The deaths were so beautiful. Released some bit of hope at the end.
My only gripe was stage seems a little small for the dancers.
-
沒有留言:
張貼留言